Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Sense of Not Belonging


     I thought that I belonged there.  I was there right before the darkest time in my life and I returned there two weeks after Ronan passed away.  I stayed there all throughout 2008, not because I liked the job but because there was absolutely no desire for change in my life.  As Radha's birth drew nearer, the last thing on my mind was finding a new job.  Now I've been there just shy of fourteen months.  Since returning post-Radha's birth, my co-workers have been quite friendly...congratulating me and asking to see pictures.  Most of these people offered words of sympathy when I returned following Ronan's passing.  However, I still feel like I don't belong there anymore and that my skills are better used elsewhere.  I'll find out if I'm right soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment