Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Two!


     As fate would have it, both my mother and my wife share the same birthday.  Yesterday morning, Radha and I met up with my mom at a nearby outdoor mall.  I wanted to treat mom to a nice birthday brunch so after offering her the choice of any restaurant at the mall or in the surrounding area, she chose...Sonic.  Gotta' love her.  Maybe she feels she can only enjoy/invest in junk food once a year and her birthday happens to be that day.  Friends from Michigan were in town for Reese's birthday dinner and we all ended up at Maggiano's where they seem to have never heard of "small portions".  That's okay though because pasta usually tastes just as good the second day.  Of course we had to make a trip over to my parents' house so gifts could be exchanged and then get home before it was past Radha's bedtime.  Though I may not have realized it in earlier years, I'm really thankful that I have two special women in my life that are honored on the same day.  Let's do it all over again next year, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet.
    When Hoyt and I were dating he offered me up a birthday dinner choice like that and I too chose Sonic, he was pretty shocked.
    What is up w/ our family and sonic???

    ReplyDelete