Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One down...

     So I have conquered one whole day of, what I've been assured on many occasions, is the most important job of my life.  I've got to say that things went rather smoothly.  Radha didn't cry much, she got enough to eat and she slept for a good long while.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't breath a sigh of relief when Selkie made it home from work though.  Yeah, I think this job is going to turn out okay.  Like most bosses I've had in the past, I'm sure Radha will have days where she is quite pleased with my performance and others where nothing I do will be satisfying.  That's okay though, she can't fire this employee.  As for the job I had been on for fourteen months prior to this one, my last day was, as expected, rather anti-climactic.  I turned in my ID badges and gate pass, moved my remaining lab coats to the "Employees no longer with the company" rack and rode off with a $25 iTunes gift card.  I made a lot of good friends while working there.  Ones I know I should make the effort to keep in touch with.  I'll be sure to touch base with them every now and then to let them know how well my performance evaluations are going.

2 comments:

  1. At least Radha won't have a nasally whiny voice and say things like, "This is what you got to do..." and "Call this number and tell them Dr. Harwood said..."

    I think you and your new "boss" will get along well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Daddy! Remember your boss will get more fun as she grows.

    ReplyDelete